Baptist Health Auxiliary
BAPTIST HEALTH AUXILIARY
4000 Kresge Way
Louisville, KY 40207
OUR MISSION: Through gracious giving and Christian caring, the volunteers of the Baptist Health Auxiliary seek to help the ill and create an atmosphere of warmth and spirituality throughout Baptist Health Louisville.
ACTION: WAYS YOU CAN HELP
- SEW SURGICAL PILLOWS: These pillows are given to all surgical patients and are known as cough pillows. A group meets twice monthly at the hospital to work on pillows. Some sewing can be done at home.
- SUNSHINE ITEMS: Collect personal care items for those who go to the hospital unprepared. The following items are needed: combs, hairbrushes, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, shaving cream, disposable razors, mouthwash, shampoo, denture cleaner, etc.
- MAGAZINES: Donate magazines (no more than a year old) for waiting rooms. Please, no catalogs, stock annual reports or books.
- BABY BIBLES: Your $2.50 donation will purchase a Bible for a newborn infant.
- CCU/ICU and CARDIAC CARE CENTER SNACKS: Bring individually wrapped snacks, to be placed in the ICU/CCU Refreshment Center for families of those patients.
- TRAY CARDS – Craft cards with Bible verses on them, which will be placed on bedside trays and in the waiting rooms.
- Funding for indigent patients special needs – Contributions will be given to areas such as Patient Management Services, the Cancer Care Center, the Rehab Program and the Baptist Health Louisville Home Health Agency to help purchase medication and other items for discharged patients who are not covered by insurance.
- Activity Boxes/Books - Create activity boxes with coloring books, puzzles, playing cards and games for patients and visitors to utilize while in the outpatient / emergency waiting room, or nursing area.
- SELECT A REPRESENTATIVE FROM YOUR CHURCH TO SERVE AS A LIAISON BETWEEN THE HOSPITAL AND THE CHURCH. Church representatives will receive quarterly flyers and newsletters to announce auxiliary meetings and special projects. Call the Volunteer Office to be added to the mailing list.
Donated items may be delivered to the Baptist Hospital Louisville Volunteer Office, located right off the Main Entrance (near the Information Desk), during our regular business hours of 8 am - 4 pm, Monday - Friday.
PROJECT CONTACT: Leita Curtsinger, Director of Volunteers