SUNRISE CHILDREN’S SERVICES
300 Hope Street
P.O. Box 1429
Mt. Washington, KY 40047
Sunrise is the largest private child care agency providing a full continuum of services for abused and neglected children and at-risk families. It operates eight residential centers, three psychiatric residential treatment centers, six foster care regions with twelve offices, Family Services, and the Youth Support Center - an alternative to detention program.
MORE ABOUT US
In June 2014, Sunrise celebrated its 145th anniversary of serving needy children in Kentucky. Annually, Sunrise serves about 2,000 children, with an average daily census of 600. This past year, it saw the successful completion of the 200th foster to adoption, giving children forever homes with Sunrise foster families. It received an average of 345 referrals a month seeking services or placement for children.
Churches and individuals volunteered their time to conduct Bible studies, activities, and opportunities for spiritual growth for the children in Sunrise’s care.
ACTION: WAYS YOU CAN HELP
- DONATE personal care supplies (soap, shampoo, conditioner, combs, brushes, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.); games & puzzles; art supplies; school supplies; linens (twin size sheet sets, blankets, pillows, white towels and washcloths; disposable food containers (Glad ware, etc); dish cloths and dish towels.
- DONATE gift cards from grocery stores and department stores (such as Wal-Mart)
- PARTICIPATE in the mile of pennies emphasis and Thanksgiving Offering emphasis
- CONSIDER becoming a foster parent.
- ONE TO ONE is our specialty. ONE person or ONE church can make a difference in the life of a child. This year we are celebrating ONE. We are asking that you help surround ONE foster family through support and prayer. Be the one who offers prayer, be the one to offer respite care one night a month to give the foster parents a date night, be the one who offers to help the one family in emergencies or be the one to donate. To learn how you can be the ONE, call 844.860.7200 or visit: www.sunrise.org/surroundtheone