Youth for Christ
YOUTH FOR CHRIST PARENT LIFE
4102 W. Market Street, Louisville, KY 40212
Mailing Address: PO Box 21187, Louisville, KY 40221
YFC Parent Life exists to develop deep, holistic relationships between adult volunteers and teen parents through the interwoven braid of spiritual growth, socio-economic health and life-course development.
HOW DOES PARENT LIFE WORK?
We pursue and develop relationships in the context of 3 ministry standards:
- Authentic ministry takes place in the context of RELATIONSHIPS. The MAJORITY of time spent in TP Ministry is on developing healthy, life-valuing relationships.
- Authentic ministry encompasses the WHOLE PERSON. In TP Ministry we empower adult volunteers to build relationships focused on the “whole teen parent” (spiritual growth, socio-economic health and life-course development).
- Authentic Ministry takes place in the Body of Christ. In TP Ministry we work together with the local church in order to raise up life-long followers of Jesus.
WHAT DOES PARENT LIFE DO?
Each Ministry site customizes their services (from the following activities) to meet the needs their particular community and in order to fulfill the YFC Mission, our 5Essentials and 3Story:
- Parenting Classes
- Support Groups: Early Childhood, Anger Management, Bible-based Life Lessons, Healthy Relationships
- Mentoring 1:1 and 1:3
- Mommy’s Closets
- Small group and 1:1 Discipleship
- GED Training
- Teen Parent Club
- Cooking and Crafting Classes
- Attend church services and special events together
- Small Group Discussions on Real Life Topics
- Provides individual support through adult volunteers